Bringing In The Old

I'm in the process of closing my Myspace account completely, but don't want to lose the blog entries I've posted there, so the first several posts here will be imports from there...


In the posts below, stories are in pale yellow, any comments I've added editorially are in bright green, and links are whatever...and, as a disclaimer-I make no money from this blog, so don't try to use it yourself to do so. All items are used under fair usage policies.

October 2, 2011

From Feb. 25, 2009

Confessions of a Mad Telemarketer



Current mood:bummed
My first confession-when working for a telemarketing company,there is no such thing as a "Do Not Call" list.
Oh, sure, there's probably one somewhere in the business office, in case the feds show up-but every place teaches the same response-"I'm sorry...we must have dialed your number accidentally.  I'm making sure now that it won't happen again", followed by a quick hang-up.
Of course, this assumes the person called is civil in thier behavior.  Before you curse, belittle, insult or treat a telemarketer badly, you should realize that, at the very least, they have your telephone number, and probably your name and address, too.  Anybody with a cell phone with unlimited long distance, *67 for ID blocking and even half a brain can make you miserable, and at worst can seriously screw with you.
Try to remember that the person on the line is most likely some poor schmoe making other people rich for a near-minimum wage income and is just doing thier job.

 More on this in later posts-in the meantime, one of my co-workers is in the hospital with colon cancer-your prayers and positive thoughts are never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers will be hacked! You have been warned.